Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'll take "Donuts with a side of donuts," please.

Who knew that there was a 'race' in Raleigh that involved running with a side of Krispy Kremes? Not kidding. I even read about it in this month's Runner's World! More than that, some of my friends and I are thinking about invading Raleigh that weekend - ok, I'd be returning - to take part in the Hot Donut Deliciousness.

Here's the skinny (punny, aren't I?): it's a fundraiser for the NC Children's Hospital that starts at the NCSU Belltower. You run from there to the downtown Krispy Kreme (only a couple miles and RIGHT BY MY OLD APARTMENT!!!), scarf a dozen donuts, and run the 2 miles back to the Belltower. Winners get donut-shaped medals and a dozen (more) donuts.

So, Raleighwood friends, you in? Jamie, Tall Beth, Short Beth, Chele, Zieggy, Kathleen, Wendy K, Buckner, Okons, Eric, Erik, Mara, Jodi, Greg, Aden, DeWitte, who's gonna be in town on February 7th. Most importantly, who wants to play hotelier to a bunch of super fun chicks?!?!?!

Oh the stories that Krispy Kreme could tell...

Check out the website and don't forget to register!!!

No comments: