Monday, December 29, 2008

Best compliments?!

I was recently told that I was one of the "most fun people" an age-old friend of mine has known in his lifetime. And, I gotta say, that's one of the BEST compliments I've ever had. "MOST fun"?! Go me!

Another one came, randomly, when I was heading in to the City from The Hawk on the bus. One of those hot, humid, nasty August days in NYC and I'd been waiting for the bus for (what felt like) forEVER. Got on the bus and had to go alllll the way to the back for a seat. There was a guy sitting across the aisle from me singing along in a very "outdoor voice" to whatever was on his Discman (not kidding)...very irritating - loud singing in a closed area, total bus faux-pas. Well, just before I got off the bus, he pulled a headphone off and said, "Girl, I know you're sittin' down, but you have got the best legs I've seen in a long time."

Ha! And I didn't even know he'd glanced my way. Made me smile AND feel like a jerk for being irritated in his general direction.

Your bestest compliments ever? Don't be shy now...share away!!!

No comments: