Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas traditions - old and new!

New - So, I did something unexpected last night. Something that most of the folks that 'know me' will find out of character. Yes, I did. I went to church.

You read that correctly - I, Hannah R.A.A., of sound body, mind, heart & soul went to church. Totally, utterly of my own choosing. No wedding. No funeral. No family outing. Solamente me.

And *why* did I go? Well, I've decided that Christmas Eve will be my new New Year's Eve and I'm going to start a new tradition. Rather than use January 1st as the ONLY day to get crackin' on all those resolutions - wise and otherwise! - I'm going to start on the Eve of Christmas and keep on through New Year's.

To celebrate the kick off of my own personal life feng shui-ing, I'm going to church-hop throughout Manhattan...each year, I want to choose a new church, new type of service, new purtiness to try out. No, I'm not really looking for the 'religion' part...but there definitely is something to be said for tradition and I'm looking to start some of my own.

And get this - I dove right in...this year, I chose St. Bart's (gorgeous church!) without even realizing that it's Catholic. (No, I didn't take communion!!!) Go me, eh?

So, just when I thought I knew all aspects of myself, I actually surprised myself...and went to church! Whod'a thunk?!?!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

'Old' - Well, it's not really "old", but it's older than me choosing to head to church...

Today, Peggy & I reprised our Christmas Day tradition of movie, a coupla drinks, then Papaya Hot Dogs. And YUM! It's actually one that I truly enjoy. Last year, we ended up eating hot dogs only 'cuz we had the Christmas/Channukah and Sunday double whammy and NOTHING was open. This year, it was by choice.

Good times, good flick, good peeps, great stories...and awesome tradition!

No comments: