Monday, August 10, 2009

Oh deary, deary me.

So, I'm coming out of my microcosm and self-centered fog...a bit. It's been a rough road of late, folks, and I'm not gonna claim that I've dealt with it well. To many, I need to apologize.

I'm sorry.

And for those of you who know me well know that I don't apologize often. Why? Well, I was raised to believe that an apology is not just an acknowledgement that your behaviour was wrong/inappropriate/hurtful, but also signifies a willingness to change said behaviour. Generally, my behaviours are set...and, chances are, they're not going to change - ergo, no apologies from me.

This time, I'm willing to change. I've been a crappy person, not the person I've wanted to be. Sure I could blame all sorts of circumstances, events, and situations, but, really, I made the choice.

Time for me to get back to being Better Hannah...public flogging ending...now.

No comments: