Saturday, January 17, 2009

found out about this site tonight....



I'm a sucker for catchy advertising and websites, but this is also a cause I've long been connected to. My 'problem' with the typical ad campaigns for most causes is that the call-to-action can be rather tame...why play it safe? Especially when it pertains to your health.

Breast cancer - and many others - is a highly treatable cancer if found in the early stages. Feeling yourself up can certainly help you (women AND men) stay in touch with your body and notice any changes...so, do it!

Back when I worked for the Avon Walk, I was leading an information session out on Long Island and mother in her late 40s wanted to share a story. Her story wasn't actually about HERSELF even though her family had a high occurrence for breast cancer. Her story was actually about her son...how her 20 year old son had noticed a change in his 19 year old girlfriend's breast. She got a little uncomfortable talking about her son's sex life, but she was obviously proud that he'd, truly saved a life. How? Well, the girlfriend went and got herself checked out. She was diagnosed with breast cancer that was caught in a very early stage. True story!

Moral of the story: get yourself felt up!

I can make suggestions if you reeeealllyy need me to. * wink, wink.

No comments: