Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Doctor, we might have to amputate."

No, I hope and pray that it won't get there, but my finger is not happy. I've never had any type of infected cut - or at least not one that worried me like this. How'd it start? Damned cuticle...and now it's infected.

How infected? Well, my one finger is roasting hot and the rest are freezing. (Heat is a sign of infection, BTW.) It's also red, super swollen, and rock hard. And tingles. Even after 3 vinegar/hot water soaks, the infected area did spread a little overnight, so I'm watching it diligently.

Why not go to the doctor? They'll put me on antibiotics and I'm allergic to most of them and react poorly to the others (think extreme gastrointestinal distress and the fun that goes along with that). So, don't want to go that route.

We'll see what happens...and if it looks gangrenous, I'll go to the Doctor. Deal? I definitely don't like the idea of amputation.

No comments: