Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My life in "retirement."

1. Apparently, half a bottle of wine after 3 weeks of almost no alcohol (2 glasses of wine and 1 beer don't count...or compare) makes me a very serious, holy cow kinda lightweight.

2. Dragging 3, 7,000lb duffel bags in from the garage and down the basement stairs after half a bottle of wine after 3 weeks of abstinence, whilst wearing slippers...might be a bad idea.

3. If someone had told me that when I "grew up," I'd be totally comfortable rockin' out to my iPod in my grandparents' 13+ yr old mini van, I'd have called 'em NUTSO. But I am.

4. "Rockin' out" means cranking anything by Pink. The artist. The rockstar. "Leave me alone (I'm lonely)" might just be my anthem. Or "So what." Just sayin'...

5. I need some running discipline. Or maybe just people to run with. Like scheduled dates. Anyone? Anyone?

6. Oddly - and thankfully - I just got really busy this week. All kinds of things popped out of the woodwork this week/weekend...work to some volunteering, to some work to some babysitting. Methinks I could settle in to this life in Michigan...except...except...

7. ...'cepting the dungeon. I'm actually rather comfortable down here. It's just dark and windowless, so I have NO clue of the time (and can sleep all day rather easily!). And it might get super cold once it gets super cold outside. But the dogs and I have definitely settled in.

8. I'm totally digging the nephew. I think he digs me, too. Little does he know just how cool an Aunt I'll be - I mean, pirates rock!!! Regardless, it's fun to hang out with family - sis and mom included, not just the baybeeee.

9. Rumor has it, my Dad might be making an appearance. Stay tuned!

No comments: