Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Yoga galore

Fabulous, fabulous evening. I really didn't want to go, but I'd already shelled out $20 for a yoga workshop. A sunset yoga class on a rooftop down in Greenwich Village - sounds dreamy, doesn't it? Of course. Just not on an 85-degree day with 10,000% humidity (ok, ok, that's an exaggeration, but it was *really* hot!). But I went...

And I'm sooooo thankful I did. It was phenomenal! The breeze, the cloudless evening sky, no traffic noise...being able to lie on my back and look up into the sky. I can't even remember the last time I did that.

Ok, so it was hot and I got sweaty. But I left with a superb sense of calm. Wanted to play on the jungle gym and pick out shapes in the clouds (if there'd been some); a complete retroversion to the kid in me.

Y'all should try it...

No comments: