Wednesday, February 11, 2009

little bits of thoughts.

1. Am I an idiot or an adventurer for not giving up my peanut butter habit? I could eat either a peanut butter'n'cheese or peanut butter'n'mashed banana sammich every day and not get sick of 'em. I know. I'm weird.

2. I can't eat scrambled eggs without cheese in them. It makes me nauseous. Eggs every other way is fiiiiine...just not scrambled.

3. I have a 'thing' for intense men wearing uniforms - SEALs, Vice Cops, Feebers, CIA agents...even a stray UPS man every once in a while. Wonder why. Thoughts?

4. I don't have a 'thing' for anything fast food...so, no men in a Burger King crown need apply. Or mailmen. Or gas station attendants.

5. I believe in marriage, but I don't know that it's necessary to my life. What does that mean? I'd rather commit to a Life Partner than have a church wedding with a big, pouffy dress, and a gorgeous cake that hardly anyone will actually eat. So, I guess I like the idea of marriage, but not a 'traditional' wedding. I'm sure most of y'all won't be surprised.

6. I still smile when I think about how many weddings I was invited to purely for the entertainment value.

7. My friend, I'll call her "The Winner," nearly gave me a heart attack tonight. She forwarded a friend's Team in Training fundraising site and I, for just long enough, thought that SHE registered to run a marathon and raise $2,500. If I'd died, think about the memorial run she'd have to create/run/organize/manage and the thousands of $$$ she'd have to raise. No. Really! That's the 'funeral' I'd want...

8. I climbed the Ikea mountain this week and WON!!! I nearly gave up my love of DIY projects and succumbed to the 'bad closer' part of my personality the other day...I met the most tedious project of my life (it passed what was previously my worst DIY project - my lingerie chest!). I tried telling my mom that the project bought me free room and board for life...and, well, she reminded me that she already DID that. Uh, whoops?!

9.My lip is now at a whopping 90-ish% functionality. Yay! The swelling's nearly all gone, I can smile and talk mostly normally (no P, V, F, or B yet), but I look kosher from the outside. The Vitamin E oil I've been using is clogging my pores and giving me pimples, though. Not to be, uh, shallow or anything, ya know.

While I'm "shout out-ing" for fundraising folks, check out a couple of friends of mine:

Lucas Coe - help stop Domestic Violence!
Michael Smith - his second full marathon for Team in Training! Can we get a unanimous OW?!?!?!

And, yes, I will be running another half marathon this year and raising some money for a cause that means a lot to me. We're fleshing out the program - fundraising to training to community building to a helluva lotta fun - now, so stay tuned for deets...it'll be a great one, I promise!!!

No comments: