Thursday, September 18, 2008

First goodbye - check!

My first goodbye was sprung upon me today. I get back from a grueling trip to DC by way of New Orleans (long story - ask if you dare :) ), to go play with My Main Man (MMM), Humphrey, Thursday morning. Get there, hangin' out, being smooched by a 2 1/2 year old Golden, and his dad (Linc) happens to let it slip that they're taking BACK off to the Adirondacks for another 10 days.

WHAT????

So, the tears immediately appear. And I cry the entire time Humph-a-dunk and I are out wandering the wilds of the UWS. MMM is being super patient and snuggly with me, trying to figure out what's going on.

It was a sudden rrrrrrrip of a goodbye, but, I can't lie, methinks it was actually less painful than saying little goodbyes for the next week.

That Linc is a good man...and a great friend. I'll miss him and our political chats just as much as I'll miss his lunk of a pooch!

No comments: