Friday, February 01, 2008

Is it really February already?

1. The Universe works in mysterious ways - it's been a rotten week and a wonderful one all at the same time. And it *all* has to do with my sense of self: when it's strong, I'm all powerful. It's been a good week in that sense...it just hurt a lot more than I ever thought it would.

2. I get a truly perverse sense of enjoyment when I see someone who hasn't cut the threads out of the back vent of their new winter coat. It makes me smile...even though I know it's not truly a kind thought that's passing.

3. I have FANTASTIC friends. In every way. EVERY way. My support system is more amazing than even I knew...my friends never cease to amaze - and humble - me.

4. I've got some seriously awesome travel and potential travel plans coming up...to parts of the country I've never been but always wanted to explore.

5. Winter sucks for training for a half marathon. Especially freezing rain.

6. Ever feel like you're on the brink? Teetering on the edge of wonderful? That's where I am right now. I've got some cool projects coming down the line, some renewed fitness goals, and - finally - something to get excited about.

7. I'm gonna fall in love this year. I just know it.

8. I've stumbled across a whole helluva lot of people from days gone by. It's been wonderful reconnecting...and it's been interesting to explore the feelings and memories that arise after all these connections. And looking at pictures of me when I was 15? Sadly, I don't look any different. Especially now that my hair's long again.

9. Life is fucking awesome. My attitude of gratitude is out of control. Yeah, I've had some shitty conversations and experiences this week, but they've been replaced by really, truly fanTAStic opportunities. So, what wins? Gratitude. I'm letting the rest go...even if it means silence.

No comments: