Monday, June 21, 2004

I'm having a moment like this:

"Wanna go with me to the Sadie Hawkins dance on Friday?"

"No," he said simply, but I didn't believe him. I knew better. Boys will be shy. They are afraid of love, I told myself, you must coax them, show them the love light. I followed him all the way to his PE class at the gym with the Elizabeth smile frozen on my face as I asked, "Why? Why won't you go with me? Why?" until we hit the baseball field and he just took off running.

Autobiography of a Fat Bride, Laurie Notaro (p8)

...and there you have it. Boys say girls are complicated and will never be figured out. Lemme tell ya, folks, boys aren't so simple or 'easy' either. Just when you think you've got at least a little bit of a clue - dammit if it's not yanked from your grasp.

Just ask me about waterfights - I dare you. And I'll give ya a dooooooozy of a story. I just don't get it. And I thought he liked me?!?!

Ay.

No comments: