Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Everybody Wins!

So, I'm volunteering. Not a shocker, I know. But I did want to let y'all in on a secret....it's really rewarding! Shhh!! Don't tell anyone. I certainly wouldn't want the world to find out that giving can sometimes be as good - or better - than getting.

Seriously, though, folks...I've "got" a little girl. Her name's Sarah and she's 8. She's in the second grade and she loves to read. I'm spending an hour a week with her...and we do "just" read. Pretty cool, huh? Those that know me well enough know that I'm a devout bookworm and that passing on my book addiction to kids is something I feel strongly about. Well, the passion for reading, but also literacy in general. So, for an hour a week, we do nothing but read. Ok, so we chat about families and life, but it's a reading-centered program. And I love it.

The program is called Everybody Wins and I'm sure it's in an elementary or middle school near you.

You should try it sometime.



No comments: